Qualified Offline Reseller Criteria
U-tec manufactures and distributes Ultraloq whole-home smart lock system. (“Products”). U-tec products comply with strict demands to quality, safety, and documentation and are the result of a significant investment by U-tec in research and development to ensure its products are of the highest quality and comply with regulatory requirements.
U-tec has partners across the globe and works diligently in establishing processes and criteria to ensure screened Qualified Resellers operate in a manner that preserves the high quality of the products and who are able to demonstrate a high degree of expertise in order to be able to properly answer technical customer inquiries relating to the products, ensure compliance with health and safety and other regulatory requirements, and ensure the products are sold safely and in an appropriate manner to end consumers.
It is for these reasons that U-tec has implemented this Qualified Offline Reseller Criteria. By purchasing U-tec products, you agree that:
a) you will at all times comply with all relevant Qualified Offline Reseller Criteria set forth below, which may be updated from time to time;
b) you will only sell the products to end users or Qualified Resellers;
U-tec reserves the right to audit any Qualified Offline Reseller to ensure compliance with all relevant Qualified Offline Reseller Criteria. If a Qualified Offline Reseller is not in compliance with all relevant Qualified Offline Reseller Criteria, U-tec may withdraw the Qualified Reseller’s authorization to purchase products and may cease selling or shipping products to the Qualified Offline Reseller. U-tec may revise these Qualified Offline Reseller Criteria, as well as any associated criteria, applications, and registrations, at any time.
QUALIFIED OFFLINE RESELLER CRITERIA
A Qualified Offline Reseller is a Qualified Reseller who operates one or more physical locations which stock the product. The following Criteria apply to all Qualified Offline Resellers:
High-quality retail business
- Professionalism. A Qualified Offline Reseller shall operate in a manner that preserves the high quality of the products and shall perform sales in a correct, convenient, punctual, clean, customer-friendly, trustworthy, and generally high-quality manner. Any Qualified Offline Reseller that does not operate to these standards and whose business practices do not meet these standards will not qualify to sell the products.
- Reputation. A Qualified Offline Reseller shall have an established reputation and track record for the sale of premium-branded products, or a documented financial and business plan to establish a reputation and track record for establishing such a business for the sale of the products.
- High quality premises and appearance. A Qualified Offline Reseller’s premises shall be suitable for the sale of the products and shall have a high-quality appearance and be clearly identifiable as such externally, reflecting the premium and high quality brand reputation, as well as the specialist nature of, the products. The premises must specialize in the sale of door locks, smart home devices, security & home automation products, consumer electronics or similar products.
Sales Support Personnel
- Product knowledge and expertise. A Qualified Offline Reseller will be knowledgeable on the purchase and use of the products and must be able to inform customers on how to properly use the products for their needs. To fulfil this commitment, each Qualified Offline Reseller will employ a sufficient number of properly trained sales staff who shall:
- be able to make helpful recommendations to customers regarding the most suitable products for their needs, highlighting the benefits, uses, and features of the products, and educate customers on how to properly use the products safely;
- be able to deal competently with technical inquiries of customers; and
- comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the sale of the products.
- Training. If required by U-tec, each Qualified Offline Reseller shall encourage one or more of its sales staff to attend and/or otherwise participate in periodic training provided by U-tec on the products.
- In-store customer support. A Qualified Offline Reseller’s premises shall be staffed during all opening hours by a sufficient number of trained and qualified customer-facing staff meeting the Sales Support Personnel requirements specified above.
- Business hours. The premises for each Qualified Offline Reseller must at a minimum be open during normal business hours on normal business days, as is customary in Qualified Offline Reseller’s territory.
Product promotion, branding, and display
- Display with other products of like quality. A Qualified Offline Reseller may only display the products with other high-quality products from reputable manufacturers with brand reputation comparable to that of the products. Qualified Offline Reseller shall display the products distinctly and separately from other manufacturers’ products by ensuring that the products are depicted within a section of the Qualified Place of Business dedicated to similar products. Qualified Offline Reseller shall promote the products in general in the same or better manner as it promotes products from other manufacturers (including in terms of sales commissions or other incentives offered by the Qualified Offline Reseller to its personnel).
- Display and Marketing. A Qualified Offline Reseller shall comply with all branding and display guidelines as specified by U-tec from time to time and only use marketing materials and display materials as supplied or approved by U-tec. Any advertising that in U-tec’s reasonable opinion is inappropriate must be immediately discontinued or (if required) recalled by Qualified Offline Reseller.
- POS materials. All sales brochures, catalogues, technical information sheets, and point of sale materials shall be either (i) materials supplied by U-tec, or (ii) materials previously approved in writing by U-tec Qualified Offline Reseller shall only use point of sale materials in such manner as U-tec may specify from time to time.
- Intellectual Property. A Qualified Offline Reseller shall accurately describe the products using only the protected and current intellectual property of U-tec and in accordance with U-tec’s specifications and any intellectual property guidelines provided by U-tec from time to time. Qualified Offline Reseller shall not exhibit or sell any item the trademark or brand name of which might give rise to confusion with trademarks, trade names, service marks, or any other intellectual property rights that are found on the labeling of the products or are otherwise designated by U-tec as being applicable to the products.
- Store name. Qualified Offline Reseller’s store name shall not contain any trademarks of U-tec or affiliates, or subsidiaries and shall not be associated with the products or trade names or any words which are confusingly similar thereto or misspellings thereof, including any variation or combination of these words.
- Depreciative advertising. Qualified Offline Reseller shall not engage in any advertising, promotion, or sale of a nature which in any way depreciates the integrity, value, or high quality of the products or U-tec brand reputation. In particular, Qualified Offline Reseller will ensure that the products are not inappropriately compared to other similar products.
- Packaging. Qualified Offline Reseller shall not obscure or alter in any fashion the serial or part number on any product or product packaging.
- Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP). U-tec has adopted a Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”) Policy, which is applicable to all Qualified Reseller Online Resellers. This policy was established to promote the quality of U-tec products, preserve individual pricing decisions, and maintain a fair business environment for all Qualified Online Resellers. The policy can be found at here.
Sales and after-sales service
- Stock. A Qualified Offline Reseller shall maintain and stock an adequate supply of the products to satisfy customer demand. A Qualified Offline Reseller shall use reasonable commercial efforts to order sufficient products to avoid stock-outs (taking into account that products may not always be in stock at U-tec.
- Display and quality controls. A Qualified Offline Reseller must maintain the products in good condition, suitable for resale. A Qualified Offline Reseller must keep any packaging intact and in resalable condition.
- After-sales service. A Qualified Offline Reseller shall be responsive and consumer-friendly in dealing with any after-sales-service to customers.
- Returns. A Qualified Offline Reseller shall offer returns service that is communicated to the customer at the time of sale and is consistent with any return or credit programs periodically communicated by U-tec.
Compliance and conduct
- Compliance with laws. A Qualified Offline Reseller shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to those governing consumer protection and product liability, misleading and comparative advertising, unfair competition, distance selling, e-commerce, defamation, data protection and privacy, electronic signatures, intellectual property rights, and tax.
- Preserve and enhance reputation and goodwill. A Qualified Offline Reseller shall preserve and enhance the reputation and goodwill of the products by avoiding any illegal or unethical actions, including without limitation “bait and switch” practices. A Qualified Offline Reseller shall not engage in unfair sales practices or make incorrect, deceptive, or denigrating statements about the products.
- Terms and conditions of sale and distribution. In addition to these Qualified Offline Reseller Criteria and the terms set out in the “Introduction” section above, a Qualified Offline Reseller shall comply with any separate terms and conditions of sale and distribution communicated to it by U-tec.